Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about The Retreat at Blacksburg apartments? Search for an answer among the following FAQs.
- How are rooms assigned?
- Residents who already have preferred roommates can confirm their roommate match requests using RoomSync, our roommate matching platform. If they do not already have a roommate, residents will search for and choose their own roommate using RoomSync. Residents will be able to communicate with each other during and after the selection process. In the event that potential roommates discover that they are no longer compatible, they can request a different roommate and we will do our best to accommodate any change request. To provide sufficient time and the greatest opportunity for residents to find the perfect roommate, they should apply and sign a lease as early as possible.
- What types of cottages are available?
- We offer 17 different floor plans in 2, 3, 4 and 5 bedroom layouts. All of our floor plans feature private bathrooms and some even have an additional half bath!
- Are the apartments furnished?
- We offer unfurnished and furnished cottages. Our furnished cottages come with a couch, chair, coffee table, end table, entertainment stand, dining room table with chairs, queen size bed with TEMPUR-PEDIC mattress, bedside table, dresser, and student desk with chair. All cottages - including unfurnished units - come with GE Energy Star and stainless steel appliances.
- What size are the beds in furnished cottages?
- All of our beds are queen size.
- Can I pick my bedroom?
- We encourage all residents to request a bedroom on the roommate matching card section of their online application.
- How do I secure my spot?
- First you must complete your application, which can be done online. After we process your application, we'll move forward to a Lease Agreement. Finally, you will invite your Parental or Sponsor Guaranty to complete their portion. All of the paperwork can be completed online!
- Can I request roommates?
- Yes. We always try to place requested roommates together. You will complete your request under the roommate matching section of your online application. You can also visit our resources page to download the roommate matching card.
- If I am over 21, do I need a guarantor?
- Yes. All leases are required to have a guarantor. If an approved guarantor cannot be obtained, EdR Management, Inc. will accept a security deposit of 2 month's rent.
- What if I don't have a roommate?
- With our roommate matching service, we can easily accommodate you-- even if you don't have anyone to live with or enough roommates to fill an apartment.
- What types of leases are available?
- We offer 12-month leases. Each lease will begin mid-August and end July 31st.
- Are pets allowed?
Yes, The Retreat is pet-friendly! We allow cats and dogs up to 75 lbs. We charge a $250 non-refundable pet deposit fee and a $25 monthly pet rent, and each cottage is allowed a maximum of two pets.
- What utilities are included in my rent?
- Your monthly rent installment includes water, trash, extended basic cable with HD and HBO, and Internet with WiFi. The only thing you are responsible for is electricity!
- Can I pay my bill with a credit card?
- We accept online payments from Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or an electronic check. There is a small convenience charge for this service.